NOTE: If you have already received funds from the BUTLER SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION you must request a RENEWAL APPLICATION.
Contact email@example.com to receive a RENEWAL APPLICATION.
DEADLINEThe online application must be submitted by . All additional required materials must be delivered to the Butler Scholarship Office (DBHS) no later than 2:30 pm, est. .
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTSThe initial selections will be based on the eligibility criteria as follows:
• Applicants must be graduating seniors or previous graduates from Deerfield Beach Senior High School, Deerfield Beach, Florida.
• Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
• Applicant must plan to attend full-time an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or community college located in the United States, for undergraduate, graduate and/or professional education and training.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• A minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Demonstrate good moral character.
• Demonstrate scholastic aptitude and performance.
• Demonstrate notable achievement during attendance at Deerfield Beach Senior High School.
Ineligible Applicants/Recipients: In order to avoid certain forms of self-dealing described Section 4941 of the Internal Revenue Code, the following are ineligible to apply for or receive any scholarship or student loan funds from the Foundation under any circumstances:
(a) any Interested Person (which term includes, for the purposes of this document, any donor, trustee, selection committee member, advisory board member, and staff members of the Foundation, and those otherwise deemed to be "disqualified persons" under the Internal Revenue Code);
(b) the spouses and ancestors of Interested Persons;
(c) the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of Interested Persons;
(d) the spouse of any child, grandchild, or great-grandchild of an Interested Person;
(e) current employees of Wells Fargo and CSA and their spouses, ancestors, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and the spouses of such children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE APPLICATIONIn addition to this application you must submit other required materials to complete your application packet. Please make sure that your packet contains ALL of the items listed below:
1. The signed SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AGREEMENT.
2. An OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT for previous graduates of Deerfied Beach High School with grades and cumulative GPA posted through the latest Fall semester. Note:Transcripts are not required for current high school seniors.
3. A PERSONAL STATEMENT/ESSAY. Submit a one-page personal statement explaining why the scholarship is important to the applicant. Include college and career plans, if known. Include applicant name and name of scholarship on the page.
4. A LIST OF YOUR ACADEMIC HONORS, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, AND COMMUNITY SERVICE, etc.
5. A completed W-8 or W-9 FORM, as applicable. This form must be completed by the applicant.
6. A copy of your SAR Report (Student Aid Report). This is the report you receive after completing your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
The application deadline for the academic year is Monday at 2:30 p.m.. All additional materials must be delivered to the Butler Scholarship Office by the deadline.
PROCESS OF SELECTIONThe Selection Committee shall give consideration to the respective ability, academic merit, educational goals, career ambitions, and the relative financial need of the applicants. The Committee shall select beneficiaries on the basis of good moral character, scholastic aptitude and performance, and notable achievement during their attendance at Deerfield Beach Senior High School. Scholarships shall be awarded on an objective and non-discriminatory basis, with neither race, creed, color, sex, age, religion, national origin nor disability being considered. Selections are based on information received from the applicant and the additional materials postmarked by the deadline. Decisions of the committee are final and justification for recipient selection(s) by the Butler Scholarship Committee, CSA staff or Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Trustee employees will not be disclosed under any circumstances.
QUALIFIED INSTITUTIONSThe recipients may attend an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or community college located in the United States, for undergraduate, graduate, and/or professional education and training; in any field of study, provided the institution meets the criteria in the following paragraph. Recipients must be enrolled full-time each semester and working towards a certificate, undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate degree.
An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.
AWARD AMOUNTSThe number of recipients and the amount of each scholarship may vary from year to year due to fluctuations in the Fund's value and/or applicable document restrictions. Award amounts are determined by the following factors: whether the student is attending a two-year or four-year college or university; whether the student is living at home or on campus, EFC number on the SAR report, and whether the student is a valedictorian or salutatorian. Renewal of a scholarship award is not guaranteed. Subject to the trust terms, renewal applicants must remain in good academic standing. The awards will be applied to the cost of tuition, fees, books and supplies, and should not exceed these costs. Scholarship awards must be used in the year they are awarded.
RENEWAL PROCESSThis scholarship is a four- year scholarship subject to the following terms and conditions: recipients must remain in good academic standing. Students must remain enrolled full-time, continuously throughout the four-year scholarship. Under special circumstances, individual exceptions may be made to the full-time continuous enrollment requirement, at the discretion of the Committee. If a scholarship is awarded for an academic year, and is not used within that year, it is forfeited, and unused money is returned to the Trust. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will receive information from CSA each year on the procedure to verify continued eligibility for the scholarship. Recipients must submit a renewal application, transcript or grade report, and W-8 or W-9 form, in order to be considered for renewal of their scholarships each year. Scholarship amounts are not guaranteed, as renewed scholarship amounts may vary from year to year due to a variety of factors.